Sunday, March 13, 2011

Binge Day!

Saturday was my first binge day. Sunday through Friday I maintain a relatively strict diet of meat, fish, vegetables, some fruit, nuts, seeds and healthy fats, but in order to maintain some kind of social life that allows me to go out and dine with friends, every Saturday from now on will be binge day. The idea isn’t to shove any and all sugary, gluteny food product down my gullet, but rather give myself a day where I can just eat whatever looks good and not think about food too much. Ideally, I would have this perspective every day, but that has led me to make too many poor food choices and works against the level of fitness I am working my way towards.

Throughout the day I had a wide array of indulgent meals. Fried chicken and waffles from Brown Sugar for brunch, an ice cream sundae from Fenton’s , some of the most amazing pizza I’ve experienced on either coast, and some delicious BBQ at a house party. Needless to say the day lived up to it’s name. We also spent most of the day walking around San Francisco, and even hiked up Mt. Sutro, and I think I am going to make it a point to include some vigorous physical activity alongside the binging. Next week I’m hoping to snag a table at Flour + Water, I was told yesterday that there is a two month wait before the next reservations can be made. What other Bay Area digs should I check out in the coming weeks?

Also, I am definitely going to start adding these into my lifting routine:

No comments: