Friday, January 1, 2010

Today marks the beginning of my first time ever going on a diet. For the next 30 days I will be eating strictly Paleolithic. The paleo diet calls for lean meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and healthy fats. Grains, legumes, sugars, and refined or processed foods are strictly forbidden. I have been looking for an excuse to start using the blog again so here it is. I’ll be posting what I eat everyday and also the workouts that I do from Crossfit Brooklyn. If I am motivated to post other thoughts I’ll be sure to let you know.

Crossfit:

Cindy:

AMRAP in 20 minutes of

5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats

11 rounds plus 5 pull-ups and 7 push-ups.

Not a PR for me, but considering I did 100 pull ups yesterday for “Angie” and my left hand tore a little, I think I did alright. My goal for the next time this workout comes up is 14 rounds.

Food:

Lunch: Spinach salad w/ tuna, beets, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, onion, broccoli, hearts of palm, EVOO and balsamic vinegar

Snack: handful of raw pecans

Dinner: Steak, roasted vegetables (Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, garlic, butternut squash, eggplant

No comments: