Sunday, January 3, 2010

Parkour and Paleo

I skipped yesterday’s Crossfit workout because I tore my left hand a couple days ago doing “Angie.” My grip strength has definitely improved in the last couple of months, but 100 kipping pull-ups is still murder on my hands. Today I went to a Parkour class in Greenpoint. It was a lot of fun, but I didn’t get to do any of the cool drills, as it was my first class. My goal is to be able to do a back flip. I’m not sure what a reasonable time frame is for something like this, so I’ll just give myself until the end of the year. I accomplished two of my three goals from last year, 10 consecutive dead hang pull-ups and a sub 20 minute 5k, but I am not at all close to a handstand pushup. I can get into the handstand against the wall, but moving down is near impossible at this point, so I’ll add hand stand push up to my list of goals for the end of year as well. Back flip, handstand, and six-pack. Not too unreasonable. Food from yesterday and today:

Saturday January 2nd

Breakfast:

4 eggs
4 strips bacon
Leftover roasted vegetables

Lunch:

Seafood tom yum
Cashew chicken

Snacks:

Carrots with almond butter, handful of pecans, pieces of cantaloupe and pineapple, small handful of cashews

Dinner:

Arugula salad with avocado, carrots, tomato, pecans, grilled salmon, EVOO and lemon dressing.

Sunday January 3rd

Breakfast: steak and 3 eggs, pineapple and cantaloupe pieces, small handful of cashews.

Snack: Carrots with almond butter, baba ganoush, pecans, cashews.

Dinner: Can of tuna with EVOO, carrots, pecans, apple

No comments: