Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On the 5th day of Paleo....

Day five has come and gone and I have no complaints. I had to buy my lunch at Whole Foods and as far as I can tell, the only non-paleo thing about it is the salt (which I cook with anyway), and the canola oil in the salad. I feel good in general, I find that I am eating a lot less, and when I eat stuff that I haven't cooked myself (only happened for two meals so far) that it is way saltier that I ever noticed before. Oh and I have another goal that I'd like to maintain for this month and even the rest of the year, 8 hours of sleep each night. Might not be possible, but lets give it a spin.



Breakfast:

2 eggs,
2 strips bacon,
banana
apple

Snack:

Sunflower seeds

Lunch:

Chicken leg,

fennel, onion, grapefruit salad,

"Rustic cauliflower": cauliflower , green pepper, tomato, kale.

Dinner:

Steak
Arugula salad with tomato, carrot, EVOO, pepper
baba ganoush

Workout:

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
25 GHD Sit-ups
25 Hip Extensions

Time: 24:48

I had to switch from GHD sit ups to weighted abmat sit ups after the first three rounds because my back was killing me. Otherwise, I felt pretty strong throughout. Tomorrows work out looks like a real beast though. Wall balls and pull ups. Super.

No comments: