Monday, March 16, 2009

Heavy Metal Quilt



The above photo more or less represents my entire wardrobe from 1998-2007. Sadly though, this awesome collection death metal and hardcore t-shirts sits in my closet these days because they no long fit. Since I’ve started exercising not one of these XL sized shirts fits properly and I’ve been really torn over what to do with them. I could probably sell them on eBay or donate them or something, but I really don’t want to lose them. Metal music/culture has easily been the most influential force in my life. Everything from my sense of humor to my outlook on life has been at least partially formed through listening to this music. It still represents the vast majority of the music I listen to and I don’t think that will change. I plan on picking up a few new pieces of metal clothing in the near future but I haven’t been to a show in quite awhile, and as anyone knows, wearing a band shirt not bought at a show makes you a poseur. In the meantime though, I have to put these shirts to good use. They are taking up two giant storage units in my closet, which I don’t have the room for. So after racking my brain for the last few weeks I’ve decided I am going to do the only sensible thing. I will take these blasphemous, loud, offensive t-shirts and turn them into a profane piece of patchwork. I will, within this calendar year, present you with my heavy metal quilt. And ladies, if you’ve ever want to get fucked on a handmade blanket covered with skulls, aborted fetii, disemboweled Jesus’, and piles of zombies with decaying breasts, you finally have a place to turn to. Hail Satan.

No comments: