Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Farewell 2008! It has been a wild and crazy ride for us all. Some people might say that 2008 was a bad year. Sure my father’s cancer came back and he is currently in the hospital in what he calls “unbearable pain.” Maybe the economy is all sorts of awful. War in Iraq, friends dealing with depression, breakups, drama with women, drama with friends, broken foreskin, and other tragedies both personal and global have effected me and just about everyone I associate with. But you know what? Who cares? Selfishly, I think 2008 was one of the best years I’ve had. 2008 is the year that I finally got my ass in shape (still in progress) I got promoted at work, started training for my triathlon, I even began to work on my flexibility in order to be able to suck my own dick (almost there!) 2008 was the year I decided to start this shitty blog! It’s also the year I killed it off, and then brought it back to life. Compared with the January 1, 2008 version of myself, there is no question that the current version wins.

So with that said, what can we expect for 2009? I’ve already talked about my physical training ad nauseam, and that will undoubtedly continue. I’ve also decided to get back into writing. It might be hard to imagine, but in college I studied creative writing and even managed to write some poetry and fiction that didn’t totally suck. I don’t know if I’ll post anything here, but if I write something that isn’t a total waste of your time, you can be sure I’ll make it easily accessible. 2008 was the first time I’ve truly worked hard at anything and I’ve been more than happy with the results. I am going to keep working on things I deem worthwhile and will continue to force all the details down your respective esophagi. Oh, and maybe I’ll write about getting laid again. Stranger things have happened. Happy 2009 jerks.

No comments: